archive-gr.com » GR » N » NAFPLIO.GR

Total: 391

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • Arachnaio
    it is preferred by permanent residents According the 2001 census Arachnaio numbered 850 inhabitants but according the words of locals Arachnaio has about this time 2011 1100 inhabitants Its inhabitants are mainly engaged in farming and agriculture tobacco production and often with harvest seasonal products Apart from the active present Archanaio has a very distant past and according to witnesses the settlement seems to have a life of several centuries We do not know the exact date of the founding of the settlement but there is a reference to some Arvanites emigration from Argolikos downs to Cheli in 1463 in a settlement that pre existed Over the centuries the inhabitants of the Cheli reserved the dialect and a demographic and cultural homogeneity Since 1833 when the first and demographics data appeared until today 2011 the inhabitants of Arachnaio is approximately one thousand except 1940 where the number reached approximately the 1930 After the Second World War there was a massive emigration when the village population rediminished Current residents still speak thoroughly Arvanitic s language of course with some Greek impurities thus preserving their memories and their origin and cultural background Cheli was renamed as Arachnaio because of the location it relishes For the original village s name as Cheli many stories have been said Perhaps the most likely according to the assessment of residents i s given through a story that says that Cheli was founded by residents of Porto Cheli who as a tribute have named the village Cheli to remember their origin Old Monastery of Talantio New Monastery of Talantio Old Monastery of Talantio and New Monastery of Talantio are a very important element in the village Arachnaio Any visitor of Arachnaio will meet the Old Monastery of Talantio at the beginning of the road leading from Arachnaio

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/demideasmenu/araxnaiomenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive


  • Argoliko
    reason is that there was no water in the village neither from any source nor running But the name does not appear correct as the area was like a marsh so surely there must have been some water Holy Assumption Church Church Immaculate Conception Then the village was renamed Koutsi This name has been maintained for many years and it is still used today The origin of the name Koutsi has formulated over the years two versions The first states that Koutsis was a squire of Arvanitic origin who lived in the area current Argoliko and had great farmland and several animals Koutsis was descended from a warlike family and he participated in the defence of Palamidi castle in 1460 There is a reference to Koutsis and to other Albanians by historian Constantine Mpiris Mpiris cited a long poem about 500 ranks in which names as Manesis Laloukas Panaritis were stated as Albanians glorious warriors Please note that all these names refer to the names of neighbouring villages Koutsis in 1460 left the area and went to Italy where he continued his martial action creating a mercenary army There are several references to the crest of his family in Italy The second and more plausible version is that the name Koutsis came from the word Koutsiko which means Small Village in Arvanite Language The same name with the same justification appears in descriptions for Koutsi of Nemea In the late 19th and early 20th century the village takes its present name Argoliko This village was named Argoliko because it is located near the centre of the Argolida plain and furthermore a piece of seaside village is located right in the middle of Argolida s bay Note that the coastal part of the village is a very important wetland Towerhouse in

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/demideasmenu/argolikomenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Heraion
    municipality of Midea it constitutes a natural border with the municipality of Argos bordering villages Laloukas and Kourtaki In the center of Argolida s plain which is planted with oranges Heraion is 6 km away from Argos and 9 from Nafplio Saint Church of St Nicholas Central Square of Heraion Πολλοί στην Αργολίδα αποκαλούν το Ηραίο Αβδήμπεϊ Σύμφωνα με ιστορίες που οι γέροντες του χωριού θυμούνται και εξιστορούν στο χωριό ζούσε ο Τούρκος Αβδήμπεης Είχε σημαντική διοικητική θέση και προς τιμήν του δόθηκε το όνομά του στο χωριό Το Ηραίο δεν είναι ένα μεγάλο καμποχώρι αλλά αποτελείται από όμορφα περιποιημένα σπίτια στα οποία κατοικούν σήμερα 2011 46 οικογένειες Οι μόνιμοι κάτοικοι του χωριού είναι περίπου 130 και ασχολούνται ως επί το πλείστον με τη γεωργία Καλλιέργεια εσπεριδοειδών κυρίως πορτοκάλια Περίπου σύμφωνα με στατιστικά στοιχεία προηγούμενων ετών το 20 του πληθυσμού δραστηριοποιείται σε επαγγέλματα μη αγροτικού ενδιαφέροντος Many residents in Argolida call Heraion Avdimpei According to stories that the elders of the village remember and recount some Turkish Avdimpeis lived at the village He had a key management position and his name was given by honour to the village Heraion is not a big Plain Village but it consists of beautifully manicured houses where 2011 46 families live today The permanent residents of the village are about 130 engaged mostly in agriculture Growing citrus mainly oranges About 20 of the population according to statistics from previous years are engaged in non agricultural occupations interest Playground for kids in the centre of the Heraion At Heraion the visitor will find three religious temples Saint Nikolaos in downtown of Heraion is the patron of the village where a day celebration takes place in a traditional village fair One will also come across the churches of St Nicholas and St George the latter is

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/demideasmenu/iraiomenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Manesi - Dendra
    neighbouring settlement of Dendra appears with 64 residents The modern history of the village is lost somewhere during the civil war Many of the residents wish to stop remembering the strife The main occupation of the inhabitants was farming and the agriculture due to lack of large farmland From 1930 up until a few years ago tobacco production was the most important and lucrative of the farming village Now it has been abandoned and the cultivation of citrus fruits has gotten its position which many of the villagers sold in the street markets Manesi with the settlement Dendra has 10 churches Church of St Constantine Church of St Nektarios Church of Our Lady Church of Prophet Elias Church of Visitation Church of Saints Manesi Church of St Thomas Church of St Theodoros Church of St John Church of Evangelist Dendra The oldest is the chapel of St Thomas and the Church St Theodoros which you can find more information in the Archaeological Sites Points of Interest Interesting is also the Church St Constantine with its unique marble belfry which was probably built in the late 19th century Church of St Thomas Church of St Theodori A separate personality of the village is the prolific folklorist customs writter G Karamanos son of John Karamanos the first photographer in the area From the early 20th century he worked in the village square the unique studio of photography of J Karamanos which was also the central theme of the series of ERT National Television Radio the photographer of the village Apart from anything else the village is famous for its taverns with traditional flavors Across all Argolida prefecture guests can taste Giossa a special lamp and Piglet of high quality Central Square Church St Constantine Lat 37 65987251896719 Long 22 824257612199176 Church St

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/demideasmenu/manesidendramenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Midea
    Kalivia Marianos and their territory make up one of the 29 real estate regions that make up the region Nafplio Zevgolatio means little manor In the early 19th century Gkermpesi seems to belong to the vilayet of Argos according to tax records file of Perouka The residents of the village in 1829 were only 55 according to the census that made the French Expeditionary Corps Today 2011 the settlement of Midea along with the neighbouring village of Amygdalitsa has about 630 residents The settlement of Amygdalitsa the original name was Bardi is located at an altitude of 200 meters with excellent view over the plain of Argolida The inhabitants are engaged in agriculture and animal husbandry The village celebrates the Life Giving Fountain Both settlements inhabited by Arvantitics who were Christians and spoke their own language which is current language of current older residents and less of younger inhabitants View of the village square In the village two Associations operate the Association of highlighting and promoting Antiquities of the Mycenaean Acropolis of Midea and the Association of residents of Gkermpesi Midea with rich cultural activities The following events are made at the village by the Association of Midea a On the last Sunday of Carnival traditions of Carnival are riviving b At the end of June the celebration of Giossa special food consisted of ewe grilled for many hours in wood stove c A three day cultural event in August The village has three temples this of St John which is celebrated on May 8 of Saint John celebrated on August 29 and that of St Anargyroi celebrated on July 1 Church of St John Central Church of Midea Church of St Jon Theologian The visitors can wander through the streets of the village depending on the season of smell

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/demideasmenu/mideamenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Panariti
    became the 15th or 16th century Church of Virgin Birth Central Square In 1829 according to the census of the French Expeditionary Corps Panariti region had only 20 residents while the years that followed there was an upward trend in the population Many of the villagers took part in the wars of the early 20th century and excelled in battles but the most illustrious personality was Kimpouropoulos Lieutenant and Master of the village who was killed in Kilkis and his name was given to the mountain at the battle where he was rendered dead The village has several old houses Turkish time but the most famous is where the Turkish tax collector resided It is located in a part of the village with panoramic views across the plains of Argolida This house has now been renovated Despite the fact that they have maintained key architectural elements it has received many interventions by the present owners who wish they had not done them The most typical element was the red staircase by marble which was destroyed as part of a renovation a few decades ago For the Turkish tax collector the oldest in the village has to tell many stories like that residents of Panariti intoxicated him in order not to pay the tax and many others which over the years were mutated and supplemented Turkish tax collector s home The visitor of Panariti is able to visit the Monastery of St Theodosius The villagers consider the existence of the monastery as blessing of God Its long history and its impressive view can allure anyone coming across 4 km from the centre of Panariti and reached the monastery More information on the monastery can be found in the Archaeological Sites Points of Interest View of Monastery of St Theodosios An event

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/demideasmenu/panaritimenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Poulakida
    a pine clad hill of St Paraskevi Church of St Paraskevi The villagers are mainly engaged in agriculture vegetables and citrus and trade A large percentage of residents in Poulakida have for many years engaged with trade in public markets produced in the Argolida s plain products In the village it is worth walking or driving to St Paraskevi The view of the Argolida s plain from this location is excellent In honor of St Paraskevi annually on the 25th of July a traditionally festival takes place In the central square of the village the visitor will meet the church St Demetrius Finally two other temples are located in Poulakida Saint Raphael and Saint Nicholas which has been declared a protected monument and presents architectural and historical interest More on the Church of St Nicholas can be found in section Archaeological Sites Points of Interest It is worth visiting Poulakida at the period of Carnival when traditional customs of Carnival accompanied by dancing revivals and celebrations in the small village square Central Square of Poulakida Ένα συμβάν χαραγμένο στη μνήμη των κατοίκων του χωριού είναι η σύγκρουση και πτώση δύο μαχητικών αεροπλάνων πάνω από το χωριό στις 11 Μαρτίου του 1956 Τα φλεγόμενα συντρίμμια κατέπεσαν στο κέντρο του χωριού χωρίς όμως τον παραμικρό τραυματισμό των κατοίκων του Αυτό θεωρήθηκε θεία παρέμβαση και για το λόγο αυτό κάθε χρόνο ως ανάμνηση του γεγονότος πραγματοποιείται στο χωριό λιτάνευση με περιφορά Στην Πουλακίδα λειτουργεί Βρεφονηπιακός Σταθμός Νηπιαγωγείο και Αγγελοπούλειο Δημοτικό Σχολείο ενώ το Κουτσοπούλειο Ίδρυμα χορηγεί τακτικά υποτροφίες εκπαίδευσης Σημαντική τέλος δράση έχει ο Πολιτιστικός Σύλλογος Πουλακίδας αλλά και ο Συνεταιρισμός Πώλησης Αγροτικών Προϊόντων One incident remembered by residents of the village is the conflict and drop of two fighter aircrafts over the village on March 11 1956 The flaming debris fell in

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/demideasmenu/poulakidamenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Municipality of New Tiryns
    Sights Αrchaeological Sites Points of Interest State Private Museums Archaeological Museum War Museum Greek Folklore Museum Chaplet museum Child Awareness Museum The Destillery Museum Motor Vehicle Museum Ecclesiastical Museum National Gallery Department of Nafplio Department of Theatrical Studies Center for Hellenic Studies HARVARD Palamidis Library THE FOUGARO THE FUNNEL The Fougaro Library Anthos Beaches Arvanitia Neraki Karathona Tolo Beach of Ancient Assini Kastraki Plaka Vivari Kondyli Candia Iria Contact Town Hall Map Route Planner Syndagma Square Bourtzi Ancient Tiryns Arvanitia Koronisi Tolo Armor from Dendra Karathona Beach Church of Virgin Mary Municipality M S of New Tiryns Municipality of New Tiryns The Municipality of New Tiryns according to the census of 2001 had by region the following populations The Municipality of New Tiryns had a total of 3 646 residents which comprise New Tiryns 2 055 Saint Andrianos 1 166 New Roino 459 Multimedia Photo Gallery Video Gallery Tourism Accommondation Food Cafe Sights Αrchaeological Sites Points of Interest State and Private Museums National Gallery Department of Nafplio Department of Theatrical Studies Center for Hellenic Studies HARVARD Palamidis Library THE FOUGARO THE FUNNEL The Fougaro Library Anthos Beaches Map Useful Information Hospitals Regional Clinics Pharmacies Transportation Means Banks Post Offices Citizen

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/deneastirynthasmenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive



  •