archive-gr.com » GR » N » NAFPLIO.GR

Total: 391

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • Municipal Section of Assini
    Sights Αrchaeological Sites Points of Interest State Private Museums Archaeological Museum War Museum Greek Folklore Museum Chaplet museum Child Awareness Museum The Destillery Museum Motor Vehicle Museum Ecclesiastical Museum National Gallery Department of Nafplio Department of Theatrical Studies Center for Hellenic Studies HARVARD Palamidis Library THE FOUGARO THE FUNNEL The Fougaro Library Anthos Beaches Arvanitia Neraki Karathona Tolo Beach of Ancient Assini Kastraki Plaka Vivari Kondyli Candia Iria Contact Town Hall Map Route Planner Syndagma Square Bourtzi Ancient Tiryns Arvanitia Koronisi Tolo Armor from Dendra Karathona Beach Church of Virgin Mary Municipality M S of Assini Municipal Section of Assini The Municipal Section of Assini according to the census of 2001 had by region in the following populations The Municipal Section Assini has had 6 117 residents which comprise Tolo 2 061 Drepano Vivari 1 698 Assini 1279 Iria Candia Karnazaiika 1 079 Multimedia Photo Gallery Video Gallery Tourism Accommondation Food Cafe Sights Αrchaeological Sites Points of Interest State and Private Museums National Gallery Department of Nafplio Department of Theatrical Studies Center for Hellenic Studies HARVARD Palamidis Library THE FOUGARO THE FUNNEL The Fougaro Library Anthos Beaches Map Useful Information Hospitals Regional Clinics Pharmacies Transportation Means Banks Post Offices Citizen

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/municipalsectionofassini.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive


  • Tolo
    Tolo The Venetians also called it Port Aulon Port of all The walls and the church of the Life Giving Spring on top of Daskalio constitute benchmarks of that subsequent era A small island is hidden behind the island of Tolo Romvi A priestly secret school for children of fishermen around Daskalio operated according to tradition during Ottoman period To this day 2011 Daskalio remains untouched by the human hand although there are visitors flocking here either to pilgrimage to the chapel or to enjoy the sea View of the beach Tolo In 1834 by Royal Decree of 1651 13 October on the settlement of the Cretans Tolo was officially proclaimed as a settlement called the Municipality Minoa and included residential and Iria Augo and Solinari It then numbered 1060 inhabitants It is speculated that many of the Cretan settlers were descendants of Morosini Residents were given per family 300drch 1 ox farming tools and 30 50 hectares of land However the people not knowing much of agriculture turned very soon to their great love the sea a relationship that goes as far as today given the fact that Tolo has the largest fleet of Argolida Admiralty German and Italian fleets are installed in Tolo during the Second World War The people suffered a lot The men were forced to deliver their catch to the conquerors and the women served them Today Tolo is a highly recognizable area The two main features are the two islands that adorn the bay The Koronisi with the church of the Holy Apostles and Romvi or island of Aphrodite Residents hardworking intelligent and perceptive quickly realize the importance of tourism and fishing alongside gradually formed their homes in order to appeal to visitors and also invested in small taverns and entertainment venues In 1954 the first hotel was opened Tolo harbor view It currently has approximately 2 500 residents and includes the traditional village of Agios Antonios The residents are mostly of Cretan origin Among the many Englishmen Scandinavians Germans probably late descendants of the Frankish Venetian Swedish the Europeans have passed lived and loved Tolo over the years giving it the place it deserves in the International tourism Map Tolo today is recognizable throughout Europe It has 7 500 beds in all categories organized hotel facilities and well equipped apartments At the beach you can enjoy almost all water sports and sun beds umbrellas and water playground The evening Koronisi There are many traditional fish restaurants along the beach offering local seafood and traditional Greek dishes There are restaurants and other international cuisine and local barbecues are in abundance Younger people will get excited by the nightlife it has to offer And disco bars offer entertainment until the early hours of the morning Its beach 2 km long is almost covered with fine golden sand The phase is dredging the sea making it safe for young children The daily afternoon south wind termed boukadoura filters naturally and continuously renews the waters And in

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/municipalsectionofassini/tolomenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Drepano – Vivari
    the road which joins scythes Assini there is a traditional stone windmill that awakens memories of local tradition and you can take unique pictures of the landscape In the village square the Church St Andrianos St Natalia celebrated on 25 26 August and organized the biggest traditional festival in the region Also noteworthy churches are St Spyridon St Paraskevi St Georgios and St Nikolaos Drepano wetted and cooled by Plaka beach is a developed tourist village that keeps alive the customs and traditions of the region Old Windmill The Residents of Drepano deal with tourism agriculture animal husbandry fisheries and trade Also twice a week a bargain takes place in the centre of the village with local products of the area which especially during the summer months brings the attention of visitors to the region Hotel facilities campsites apartments studios traditional furnished apartments lodges and rooms for families are organized near the sea and many of them support access for disabled people Also traditional tavernas in the square and Plaka beach with fresh seafood of Argolikos Gulf and local meat constitute another reason for someone to visit Drepano Square of Drepano Lat 37 540217522728234 Long 22 892423272103656 Square of Drepano Plaka Beach Vivari Following the main road or a path from Drepano the visitor will arrive in a quaint fishing village the most protected harbor of Argolida known as Vivari The Vivari is a charming seaside village with unique charm the crystal clear beach attracts visitors The bay of Vivari is a large natural harbor protected from the wind and is famous for its overnight anchorage of giot or other vessels View of Vivari Gulf The touristic infrastructure of Vivari is very organized with apartments rooms studios traditionally furnished homes hotels and the like So by staying at traditional accommodations

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/municipalsectionofassini/drepanovivarimenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Assini
    for citrus and combined with the sea air coming from the beach or Assini Beach Kastraki about 1 km distance thus creating a sense of inner strength and wellness The Hill of Prophet Elias Assini owes its name from the Ancient Assini The Acropolis of Ancient Assini was first occupied in the fifth millennium BC The first excavations of the Acropolis and Lower town was made by the Swedish Archaeological Expedition 1922 1930 and continued in the 1970s by D Office of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities and the Swedish Institute at Athens Many of the finds from the excavations of Assini are on display in Sweden particularly from the excavations of 1920 while others exhibited in the Archaeological Museum of Nafplio More information about the archaeological site can be found in the Archaeological Sites Points of Interest View of the Acropolis of Ancient Assini During the years of Ottoman Empire Assini was called Tzeferaga a name was given by the Turks the Aga Jeffers In 1902 it was renamed and called Assini derived as above from Ancient Assini Also Assini hardly is united with the settlement of Saint Paraskevi Cello which has a perfect view of citrus Assini and the sea which is just 2 km away Church of Saint Paraskevi View of traditional house Today 2011 the village Assini has its own modern life with remarkable tourist infrastructure apartments rooms hotels camping sites tavernas cafes bars etc that combines traditional lifestyle alternative routes to diverse nature culture and the remarkable religious monuments that do deserve a visit Most of the religious monuments are devoted to religious mysteries such as weddings baptisms throughout the year The visitor of Assini can briefly see the following notable points of interest Chapel of Prophet Elias July 20 Ancient Acropolis of Assini Kastraki Beach

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/municipalsectionofassini/assinimenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Iria - Candia - Karnazaiika
    mortar without any order and bricks Today there are only some elements from the immune defensive system of the tower Church of Virgin Mary Ruins of Tower The church of St Nicholas which is located at the entrance of the village next to the ruins of a tower is one of the oldest of Argolida The exact date of its construction is not known but at a point on the west side of the church and specifically over the entrance we find inscribed the date 1381 The first reference states that in 1696 the church was the main church of the county More information about the Church of St Nicholas can be found in the Archaeological Sites Points of Interest Church of St Nicholas Ruins of Tower Near the Church of St Nicholas Another thing worth mentioning about the history of Iria is the Wreck of Cape Iria In 1962 the seabed near Iria on the south coast of Argolida identified a sunken cargo of clay vessels approximately 15 meters from the rocky shore at a depth of 12 27 meters The cargo was comprised of clay vessels 25 of them were kept which comprised the bulk of the cargo which probably came from three areas of the eastern Mediterranean from Cyprus jars amphorae from the Peloponnese and stirrup jars from Crete for storing and transporting oil and wine One of the most important monuments of Argolida is the Monastery of Avgo St Demetrius Above the valley of Iria and northern part of the mountain Avgo it is built the Monastery of Saint Demetrios of Avgo The location is directly intertwined with the river Rados which you cross if you want to get to the monastery starting from Iria Many stories have been said about both the steep location of creation of the Monastery and the oddity of name Avgo egg that locals especially bred over the years Beyond the stories survived and transguised over the course of centuries there is no citation for the year of its establishment Only the walls and especially the construction of the cross dome of the catholic with bricks we can conclude that probably a building of the 11th or 12th century More information about H Church of Avgo can be found in the Archaeological Sites Points of Interest Monastery of Avgo St Demetrius Epiphany is one of the most brilliant festivals of Iria It is held every year in every greatness in the ceremony of the Holy Cross Diving and the Blessing of the Waters where the whole world is concentrated in the area of Beach of Iria From early morning the Matins and the Divine Liturgy of the Epiphany at the Church of St Constantine is chanted and later the clergy and the faithful follow the established Holy Cross Diving in sea After the mystery the Holy Cross wanders in Iria Church of Saint Konstantinos Iria Beach Iria Beach Celebration of the Artichoke each year in May is for Iria benchmark as

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/municipalsectionofassini/iriakantiakarnazaikamenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Municipal Section of Midea
    of Interest State Private Museums Archaeological Museum War Museum Greek Folklore Museum Chaplet museum Child Awareness Museum The Destillery Museum Motor Vehicle Museum Ecclesiastical Museum National Gallery Department of Nafplio Department of Theatrical Studies Center for Hellenic Studies HARVARD Palamidis Library THE FOUGARO THE FUNNEL The Fougaro Library Anthos Beaches Arvanitia Neraki Karathona Tolo Beach of Ancient Assini Kastraki Plaka Vivari Kondyli Candia Iria Contact Town Hall Map Route Planner Syndagma Square Bourtzi Ancient Tiryns Arvanitia Koronisi Tolo Armor from Dendra Karathona Beach Church of Virgin Mary Municipality M S of Midea Municipal Section of Midea The Municipal Section of Midea according to the census of 2001 had by region in the following populations The Municipal Section Midea has had 6 724 residents Separated in Holy Trinity 1 267 Anyfi 898 Arachnaio 953 Argoliko 646 Heraion 165 Manesi Dendra 661 Midea 632 Panariti 734 Poulakida 768 Multimedia Photo Gallery Video Gallery Tourism Accommondation Food Cafe Sights Αrchaeological Sites Points of Interest State and Private Museums National Gallery Department of Nafplio Department of Theatrical Studies Center for Hellenic Studies HARVARD Palamidis Library THE FOUGARO THE FUNNEL The Fougaro Library Anthos Beaches Map Useful Information Hospitals Regional Clinics Pharmacies Transportation Means Banks

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/demideasmenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Agia Triada (Holy Trinity)
    the monastery which was where now the church Assumption stands Moerbeke is enlisted by many contemporary French historians indicating that it was an excellent scientist for his time The Church of the Assumption is one of the most important Byzantine churches of the period of the Komnenos in both Argolida and Greece Holy Church Holy Trinity Central Square of Village The area which has been built according to sources was called Vouzi a name which has been forgotten and not recognized anymore even by many residents of the area We do not know the exact date of the reconstruction of the church but many scholars argue that the possible chronology of reconstruction took place either in late 12th century or in the 13th The murals of the church have been dated from the late 13th century perhaps in the early 14th But the murals may have been in later times in relation to the building of the temple More information about Church of Assumption can be found in the Archaeological Sites Points of Interest Church Assumption The village named Holy Trinity as a centre of the abolished municipality Midea where it belonged has highly developed commercial activity with shops pharmacies services such as OTE ELTA CCP Bank etc The village offers Nursery standard Primary School High School also Regional Medical Centre Police Station Cultural Centre and Training Centre for Social Support Training for People with Disabilities K E K Y K A ME A Elementary School High School Regional Medical Centre Cultural Centre In the centre of the village lies the church of the Holy Trinity around a large square with shops modern cafes traditional cafes and taverns with local pastries and tastes Especially when the patron saint of the village is celebrated Feast of the Holy Spirit guests from

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/demideasmenu/agiatriadamenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Anyfi
    has not been possible so far to clearly attribute the origin and meaning of the word either referring to the Greek language or Arvanite language The residents of Anyfi there believe relying on oral traditions that the name of the village is related to the Greek word bride or nymph due to the proximity of the village to the ancient Heraion which is located approximately 2 kilometres to the north Archaeologist John Pikoulas in his book Road Network and Defence Argolido Korinthias attributes t he name of the settlement in the Turkish word Anifa meaning camping place Old flourmill The initial location of Arvanites from the last decades of the 17th century was certainly reinforced by Arcadian families both before and after the revolution of 1821 but also by refugees of Asia Minor or islanders in later times The geographer Anthony Miliarakis in 1885 made a pilgrimage and came across the prior county Argolidokorinthias In his book published in 1886 entitled Geography Politics of Argolida and Corinthia he indicates the existence of the village Anyfi and the inhabitants are Albanians as he purports that speak the dialect Arvanite The truth is that the original inhabitants of the settlement were bilingual speaking initially Arvanitika and then Arvanitika and Greek based on a need to communicate with the large urban centres of Argos and Nafplio and with neighbouring villages where the Greek element was intense I n the mid 1930s Arvanite language was abandoned and old men or old women know some words phrases in Arvanite language reminiscent of the past Among the oldest families in the village are Kollias currently Mitrokollias Yiannatsis Silis currently Mitrosilis Koliavanis currently Kolivanis Gkatsis and Stergios Stergiou today Arcadian families who settled early late 18th early 19th century the settlement are Hatzis currently Hatzopoulos and Karabis In agrarian periphery of the settlement both Greek and Arvanite names were observed another example of bilingualism of its residents So we have sites with names like Variza Baro Ntrassa Malimpardi Cine Ntializa Saint Kiriaki Limiko Chazna Mnimata Damnes Daphnes Spetzoulia Tzachmetia Trimeri Lemona Sotires Tourkostrata It should be noted that during the initial separation of the Greek territory into townships immediately after the revolution of 1821 namely the year 1834 Anyfi was renamed as Prosimni due to proximity to the ancient Greek city Prosymna and it was the seat of the newly established municipality Prosimni Municipality Class C along with the settlements Dussia Exohi today Bardi currently Amygdalitsa Avdimpei currently Iraio and Plataniti The municipality was abolished in the year 1837 the village obtained again his name and it was incorporated into the municipality of Midea based on Mermpaka now Holy Trinity 1st Angelopouleio Primary School The name is borrowed from two benefactors of the village and from founders of Angelopouleio Foundation Andrianos Angelopoulos and his wife Marigoula Churches Holidays In the periphery of the village lies the Byzantine church of the Transfiguration of the Saviour at the place named Saviors which is a temple rather of the late

    Original URL path: http://nafplio.gr/en/municipality/demideasmenu/anyfimenu.html (2016-04-28)
    Open archived version from archive



  •