archive-gr.com » GR » A » AUTH.GR

Total: 1266

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • School of Physical Education and Sports Science | ARISTOTLE UNIVERSITY OF THESSALONIKI
    Regulation Network Communications and Information Services LIFE IN AUTH Academic calendar Services Culture Student Unions You are here Home School of Physical Education and Sports Science School of Physical Education and Sports Science Head of the School Kosmas Christoulas Head of the Administration Office Panteleimon Bakirtzoglou Address Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of Physical Education and Sports Science New Building Facilities of the School of Physical Education and Sports Science 57001 Thermi Thessaloniki Greece Τ 30 2310 995274 30 2310 995275 30 2310 995276 F 30 2310 995282 E http www phed auth gr The School of Physical Education and Sports Science of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and that of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens were founded in 1982 pursuant to article 47 of Law no 1268 1982 Pursuant to the presidential decree 107 1983 the National Academy of Physical Education in Athens and its branch in Thessaloniki became part of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki respectively as Schools of Physical Education and Sports Science opening their doors in the academic year 1983 84 The objectives of the School of Physical Education and Sports Science are Conducting research projects

    Original URL path: http://www.auth.gr/en/phed (2016-02-12)
    Open archived version from archive


  • School of Physical Education and Sports Science in Serres | ARISTOTLE UNIVERSITY OF THESSALONIKI
    Education and Sports Science in Serres School of Physical Education and Sports Science in Serres Head of the School Eleftherios Kellis Head of the Administration Office Dimitra Gkimpiriti Karatzia Address Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of Physical Education and Sports Science in Serres Agios Ioannis 62100 Serres Greece Τ 30 23210 67135 30 2310 991050 F 30 23210 64806 30 2310 991049 E http www phed sr auth gr en index phtml The School of Physical Education and Sports Science of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and that of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens were founded in 1982 pursuant to article 47 of Law no 1268 1982 Pursuant to the presidential decree 107 1983 the National Academy of Physical Education in Athens and its branch in Thessaloniki became part of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki respectively as Schools of Physical Education and Sports Science opening their doors in the academic year 1983 84 The objectives of the School of Physical Education and Sports Science are Conducting research projects and carrying out teaching activities in order to promote physical education and sports Providing young scholars with advanced knowledge in the main

    Original URL path: http://www.auth.gr/en/phed-sr (2016-02-12)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Faculty of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Environment | Faculties | ARISTOTLE UNIVERSITY OF THESSALONIKI
    Student Unions You are here Home Faculty of Agriculture Forestry and Natural Environment Faculty of Agriculture Forestry and Natural Environment Dean Dimitrios Kovaios Professor School of Agriculture Address Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Deanship of the Faculty of Agriculture Forestry and Natural Environment 541 24 Thessaloniki Greece Τ 30 2310 995187 30 2310 995193 E The Faculty of Agriculture Forestry and Natural Environment was founded on September 2013 and consists of the School of Agriculture and the School of Forestry and Natural Environment The two Schools are of the first ones founded in the AUTH counting a history of approximately 90 years and more than 15000 alumni agronomists The two Schools with their thriving educational and research activities have contributed significantly to both national economy and rural and forest development of Greece as well as to the Agricultural and Forestry sciences Natural Environment and technology worldwide The School of Agriculture consists of five Departments Crop Production Field Crops and Ecology Horticulture and Viticulture and Plant Protection Animal Production Food Science and Technology Agricultural Economics Hydraulics Soil Science and Agricultural Engineering The School of Forestry and Natural Environment consists of five Departments Harvesting and Technology of Forest Products Range Science and Wildlife Fresh Water Fisheries Forest and Water Engineering Planning and Development of Natural Resources Forest Production Forest Protection Natural Environment The two Schools of the Faculty offer BA Honours in Agriculture and Forestry and Natural Environment after the completion of 10 academic semesters of study MA and a PhD degrees in their post Graduate Studies Programme The Faculty is located in the University campus right in the center of the city however a significant part of the scientific and educational activities takes place for the Department of Agriculture in the University farm and for the Department of Forestry and Natural Environment

    Original URL path: http://www.auth.gr/en/agrofor (2016-02-12)
    Open archived version from archive

  • School of Agriculture | ARISTOTLE UNIVERSITY OF THESSALONIKI
    of the School Apostolos Apostolidis Head of the Administration Office Maria Dermentzoglou Address Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Faculty of Agriculture University Campus 54124 Thessaloniki Greece Τ 30 2310 995187 E http www agro auth gr en index htm The School of Agriculture was founded in 1927 as part of the Faculty of Physics and Mathematics From 1937 to 1981 the School of Agriculture along with the School of Forestry formed part of the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry In 1981 the originally unified Faculty was divided into two the Faculty of Agriculture and the Faculty of Forestry In 1982 the three faculties which provided agricultural studies at the Aristotle University the Faculty of Agriculture the Faculty of Forestry and the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine were organized into a new single faculty the Faculty of Geotechnical Sciences In 2005 following a unanimous decision by the Senate no 2768 the School of Agriculture was organized into a single school faculty the Faculty of Agriculture of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Agricultural science is not just an applied field of biology but rather a broad multidisciplinary field encompassing aspects from a wide range of areas major field crops and ecology fruit and vegetables grapevines plant protection animal production agricultural economics land improvement edaphology agricultural engineering food science and technology as well as agricultural biotechnology and the applications of informatics and information technology in agriculture Today the Faculty of Agriculture is considered to be one of the most important research academic units in the European Union It recruits and employs outstanding faculty members it is committed to constantly improving its laboratories and research facilities having state of the art equipment and it carries out projects with the aim to raise environmental awareness improve the quality of life and ensure the sustainability of productive resources

    Original URL path: http://www.auth.gr/en/agro (2016-02-12)
    Open archived version from archive

  • School of Forestry and Natural Environment | ARISTOTLE UNIVERSITY OF THESSALONIKI
    for auth gr The first Higher Forestry School was founded in Athens in 1917 In 1927 it relocated to Thessaloniki and became one of the first schools of the Faculty of Physics and Mathematics of the newly founded Aristotle University of Thessaloniki In 1937 the School of Agriculture and the School of Forestry were organized into a new faculty the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry In 1981 the School of Forestry was organized into a single school faculty the Faculty of Forestry and Natural Environment and operated as an independent faculty for the first time in the history of forestry education in Greece In 1982 the Faculty was renamed to School of Forestry and in 1983 to School of Forestry and Natural Environment In the same year the Faculty of Geotechnical Sciences was founded consisting of three schools the School of Agriculture the School of Forestry and Natural Environment and the School of Veterinary Medicine In 2004 the Senate decided to abolish the Faculty of Geotechnical Sciences and organize its schools into single school faculties The Faculty of Forestry and Natural Environment acquired its present status as an independent single school faculty pursuant to a decision taken on July 11th 2005 The Faculty of Forestry and Natural Environment is divided into five Departments Harvesting and Technology of Forest Products Range Science and Wildlife Fresh Water Fisheries Forest and Water Engineering Planning and Development of Natural Resources Forest Production Forest Protection Natural Environment Moreover the Faculty includes 17 laboratories a library a design room and a computer centre Teaching and research activities carried out at the Faculty of Forestry and Natural Environment of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki as well as books papers and articles written and published by its faculty members along with various other tasks undertaken by its students

    Original URL path: http://www.auth.gr/en/for (2016-02-12)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Casts Museum of the Faculty of Philosophy | ARISTOTLE UNIVERSITY OF THESSALONIKI
    1990 91 the larger of the two halls it is named after Constantinos Romaios was laid out to host exhibitions also including a small amphitheater for lectures under the supervision of the present head of the Museum Th Stefanidou Tiveriou The hall was expanded to its current size in 2000 housing newly acquired exhibits as well The space and the exhibits The name of the Museum itself signifies that the majority of the exhibits are plaster casts of ancient sculptures and also clay and metal copies of miniatures There are also copies of Minoan Mycenaean and Byzantine murals copies of Paleo Christian wall paintings as well as copies of Byzantine icons A significant number of the exhibits are original works of art mainly pottery and miniatures which were either donated or excavated in the past within the framework of the research carried out by the Faculty of Philosophy The exhibits are organized chronologically and are displayed according to general thematic groups original pottery and miniatures original coins and copies of coins copies of miniatures and plaster casts of sculptures Among the most important exhibits in the Christos Tsountas hall is the cast of the God of Artemision and the cast of the Charioteer of Delphi while the casts of the plaques of the west frieze of the Parthenon temple are also of great interest There are also other casts of known archaic and classical works of art Copies of known miniatures and artworks of prehistoric times from the Cyclades Crete and Mycenae are displayed in three cases at the museum whereas five cases contain original artworks mainly vases and also statuettes and oil lamps some of which were found during the excavations held by C Romaios in Karabournaki Unfortunately little is known about the origin of most of the findings whereas some of the exhibits were donated or lent by collectors A Cristomanos Gr Embedoklis and N Telloglou Moreover it needs to be noted that the Museum houses collections of coins both casts and original ones from various eras and cities and these are displayed on specially formed plates Many of these collections were donated by collectors Portolos and Protonotarios Copies of murals of a Paleo Christian tomb in Thessaloniki as well as artworks by Chr Lefakis are also on display in the Museum A great number of casts from different time periods are exhibited in Constantinos Romaios hall The colossal Sounion kouros and the casts of the arch of Galerius donated by the 9th Inspectorate of Byzantine Antiquities along with the models of capitals and other parts of the decoration of the church of Agios Demetrios are some of the most important exhibits of the Museum Casts of the east and west gable of the temple of Zeus in Olympia donated by the 7th Inspectorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities are also displayed in the hall The main collection of casts of archaic sculptures carved on all sides dating between the early 6th century and the early 5th century

    Original URL path: http://www.auth.gr/en/museums_archives/ekmageia (2016-02-12)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Folklore Museum and Archive of the Faculty of Philosophy | ARISTOTLE UNIVERSITY OF THESSALONIKI
    their everyday life Furthermore Kyriakidis objective was to display sets of similar objects through which one could trace the development of traditional art forms and techniques If this was achieved the museum would meet the needs of relevant courses offered at the university A continuous exhibition at the old building of the Faculty of Philosophy Efforts to establish the Folklore Museum and Archive were unfortunately interrupted when the Second World War broke out The items of the museum and the archive material were protected during the occupation period and when this ended they were transferred back to room 14 of the old building of the Faculty of Philosophy where the Library of Folklore was located Many generations of students of the Faculty of Philosophy recall the continuous exhibition held and the great items displayed in nice pre war wooden showcases Folklore professors and heads of the Museum who succeeded Kyriakidis in the aforementioned chair D Petropoulos and Alki Kyriakidou Nestoros along with the personnel of the Museum and the Library of Folklore protected the Museum and the Archive with zeal trying at the same time to enrich its collections although they had only small amounts of money to spend on this project Thanks to Alki Kyriakidou Nestoros most items of the Museum have been photographed and classified Moreover she implemented a very important programme with the aim to hold a new exhibition and organize again the Museum wishing to display items thematically for instance traditional farming items by presenting typical samples of every category as well as other information material photographs books outlines tables etc giving thus a historical dimension to each theme Due to the 1978 earthquake the Museum had to relocate again and have its items kept in a safe place A new exhibition is to be held

    Original URL path: http://www.auth.gr/en/museums_archives/laografiko (2016-02-12)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Modern Greek Literature Archive | ARISTOTLE UNIVERSITY OF THESSALONIKI
    the 20th century which consists of manuscripts and typed drafts of or complete works printed essays with handwritten corrections letters and correspondence clippings from newspapers and journals first editions of works and to a smaller extent collections of texts from various authors In particular the Archive contains the archive material of Alcibiades Giannopoulos and a large part of the archive material of Stratis Doukas The 14 drafts of Odysseus Elytis The Axion Esti donated by G P Savvidis the handwritten notebooks and sketches of works by Aggelos Sikelianos the drafts of the work To Platy Potami the Broad River by Yannis Berates and some typed pages of the novel The Hours of Mrs Ersi by N G Pentzikis are among the most important items in the Archive Archive material from Stelios Xefloudas Giorgos Delios Melissanthi and their correspondence are also part of the Archive Moreover the Archive contains the archive material of Melpo Axioti which was bought at the beginning of the 1990s at a nominal price and contains a rich series of correspondence about 650 letters sent between 1947 and 1971 to Melpo Axioti by G Ritsos Str Tsirkas K Politis P Prevelakis Thr Kastanakis T K Papatsonis Elli Alexiou and others Last but not least the Archive contains documents from Th Orfanidis C P Cavafy K Palamas Al Pallis M Malakasis K Ouranis Z Papantoniou M Avgeris as well as less archive material from T Athanasiadis G Themelis G Theotokas Elli Papadimitriou I Petropoulou R Apostolidis V Vassilikos Chr Papoutsakis from the journal Anti and from younger authors such as N Valaoritis K Lachas and K Montis The Archive today development and prospects Part of the archive material has been presented to the wider public through exhibitions held at the Vafopouleio Cultural Centre i e the exhibition dedicated

    Original URL path: http://www.auth.gr/en/museums_archives/logotexnia (2016-02-12)
    Open archived version from archive



  •